I will be chairing a session at the ECTA Regulatory Conference 2010 next week in Brussels. The conference is two days, Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st but I will only be there on the second day. Still, the agenda for that day is packed (and seems somewhat less political in content than the 1st day, which is fine by me!)
The session I will be chairing has no less than six speakers:
- Sam Paltridge, Head of Telecoms Section at the OECD
- Pilar del Castillo (MEP), Rapporteur for the European Digital Agenda at the European Parliament
- Monique Goyens, Director General of BEUC (European Consumers' Organisation)
- Harald Gruber, Head of ICT and e-Economy Division at the European Investment Bank
- Olli-Pekka Rantala, Director of Commuications Networks Unit at the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Finland
- Maxime Lombardini, CEO, Iliad Group
The theme of the session is Achieving the EU Commission's EU2020 objectives.
I will also be participating in the afternoon panel entitled Has the EU telecoms framework failed? Is Europe in need of structural change? Totally non-controversial topic, it's going to be fun!
More generally, the programme for the day is quite exciting and we might see some sparks fly. But that's pretty cool too! If you intend to be there, let me know! Hopefully there will be (Belgian) beer aplenty after the conference !