There's been a lot of work (and a little wait) involved in the following announcement, but I'm really glad I can now make it. My Yankee Group colleague Vince Vittore and myself have been working hard on a multi-client study entitled the 2010 NGA Service Study.
This study benchmarks and analyses the service offerings of 20 Next Generation Access service providers around the world as follows:
- Americas: AT&T, Burlington Telecom, GVT, SureWest, Verizon, Videotron
- Asia-Pacific: Chunghwa Telecom, HKBN, KT, NTT, SK Telecom, TransACT
- Europe & Middle-East: Belgacom, Dong, Du, Free, Lyse Tele, M-Net, Swisscom, Virgin
Here's the marketing pitch for the study:
massive upswing in demand for consumer bandwidth, next-generation
access (NGA) services, such as FTTH 3.0, VDSL and DOCSIS 3.0, are a hot
topic for leading service providers and equipment vendors worldwide.
Product strategists and marketing teams want to know:
- Which services are enabled by NGA?
- Where are the NGA growth opportunities in 2010?
- How do NGA pricing and packaging compare across geographies?
Yankee Group’s recently published “2010 Next-Generation Access Service Study”
answers these questions and more. This essential study, available as a
130+ slide deck, enables at-a-glance comparisons and easy re-use of
information in strategy presentations. The study includes:
compilation of NGA portfolios, pricing and bundling strategies for 20
broadband operators across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and EMEA
- Metrics on ARPU, market share, takeup percentage, number of homes served, service speeds and more
- Several dedicated slides per provider detailing their most innovative services
- Yankee Group expert analysis of the offerings, levels of service and pricing structures across regions and operators
Two important things to know about this:
- first, in order for anyone interested to have a feel for what's in this study, we have released the Verizon section for free.
- second, the study is discounted until January 15th, 2010 at $4,875. Past that date, it will be $6,000.
So if you've got a little bit of marketing budget left at the end of this year, you know what to do with it! You can purchase the study directly at shop.yankeegroup.com, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.